Another year down, one more closer to my preferred professional career. Feels great, but the future can be intimidating at moments. This past year has been the best one yet. I have grown very much as an artist and as a person. I've made new friends, and gained new pets :) . This year i have gone from geometric abstraction to video art. It's been a long tedious road filled with research, ups, downs, and some side to side action. As i think about my accomplishments this semester, i know i am exactly where i wanted to get at this point. There is much forward movement involved in my future, but this year i have pushed myself to find the true feelings i have towards art and what i want to say at the moment. My art is honest and from my opinion, and hearing it from others, my personal self is more apparent in my work. over summer i plan on reading and researching many artists and making small digital pieces. It's been a great year for progression for this whole FA junior class, even with the economic situation. I'm very excited to be a senior, and a co-director of the school's galleries. It will be a tough one next semester with 6 classes and a job, but i'll be ready to take it on. With all that said, let summer begin! off to Philly for me! Love all of you!
Tiff -A- Knee
Monday, May 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm soooo Happy to hear that you're happy with where you stand right now as an artist. I'm very proud of you and I think your work is fantastic! It is definitely evolving! Being an artist is constant self-discovery. When you think you've stopped growing the art stops too. I'm excited to be there to witness your progress this summer and I'm looking forward to seeing what you will create!!!! xoxoxoxox
ReplyDelete